Mr. & Mrs. Jeremy & Natalie Macke gave us the
pleasure of helping them through every aspect of their wedding as Full Planning
Clients. When we first met Natalie and her mother Monica they wanted to go over
the details of our contract very carefully, which was a good sign for us. We
knew right away that this was going to be a client who would
communicate to us exactly what they want and with that, we would be able to
guide them to the wedding of their dreams. Natalie is honest, humble and
beautiful inside and out, which made working for her and Jeremy not only
pleasurable but an honor. Since Faith is the cornerstone of their lives, we
wanted to make sure that guests felt that presence throughout the wedding. When looking through the photos below notice that Natalie and Jeremy are not just posing they are praying. You will see details such as crosses, bibles and tables named after bible verses. Our classic conservative couple used a color palate blending neutral champagnes with hues of greys then added an elegant touch of purples which we felt paired beautifully with the Toledo Country Clubs interior. From concept to completion you can see how we captured Natalie’s soft kind nature, Jeremy’s consistent commitment to her and their shared love for the outdoors all while telling their story of Faith Love & Marriage.
Venue: Toledo Country Club
Photography: Considering Lilies
Cake: Janes Cakes
Dress: Belle Amour Bridal
DJ: Decorative Sound
Harpist: Ginny Peterson
Event Coordination & Design: Elite Events
Florist: Elite Events
Stationary: Elite Events
You won the lottery when you found each other, so send this cheeky save-the-date card to let guests share in your luck. After scraping off the paint with a penny, they’ll hit the jackpot: your wedding date!
Tools and Supplies
- Ink-jet and laser printer
- 8 1/2-by-11-inch card stock in white or cream (you will print 2 cards per sheet)
- Craft knife and metal ruler
- Metallic acrylic paint (we used Golden Artist Colors acrylic paint in iridescent silver, $4.75, utrechtart.com)
- Liquid dish soap
- 1/4-inch-wide watercolor brush
- A7 envelopes (5 1/4 by 7 1/4 inches)
1. Download our PDF file, and open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader (if you are using a Mac, use Reader instead of Apple’s Preview application). Most browsers already include this program, but if you have trouble downloading the file or would like to upgrade Acrobat Reader, you can obtain the latest version of the software for free from Adobe’s website.
2. Replace the placeholder text with your own (you only need to do this in one box; the form will automatically fill in the rest), and print onto card stock.
3. Use the craft knife and metal ruler to cut between the crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact around all the edges to guide subsequent cuts).
4. Combine one part dish soap with two parts metallic acrylic paint. Paint neatly over the number in the center of the hearts with a thin layer. Let it dry thoroughly, about 1 hour, and then add a second layer. Let second coat dry thoroughly (about 1 more hour) before putting the cards in the envelopes.
5. Mail the card with a “lucky” penny for scratching (you will need extra postage for this).
Read more at Marthastewartweddings.com: Scratch-Off Save-the-Date How-To
Some other save the date scratch off’s we were fond of:
Please enjoy the beautiful slideshow from our very own elite couple Meghan & Dan provided by their awesome photographer Jamie from considering lilies photography.
From more photos from considering lilies photography be sure to check out jamies blog!